This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) describes how Lucira Health, Inc. (“Lucira,” “we,” “our” or “us”) collects, uses, discloses and processes your personal information online at checkit.lucirahealth.ca and all other Lucira websites and applications (the “Services”) that link to this Notice. This Notice does not apply to the personal information we may collect in other contexts, including when using Lucira’s products. By visiting or using the Services, you agree to accept the practices described in this Notice. If you do not agree with, or are not willing to comply with, any portion of this Notice, do not access or otherwise use the Services.
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
Personal information is information, or a combination of pieces of information, that could reasonably allow you to be identified as an individual and may include, for example, your name and contact information. Personal information is collected in various ways. For example, we may collect your personal information from:
- you directly (e.g., when you register to use our website, contact us through our website, or make a purchase);
- information we generate about you in the course of our relationship with you (e.g., data collected from cookies and similar technologies); and
- information we collect about you from other sources, including commercially available sources, such as public databases.
We may also collect certain personal information about you as required by law, or as a consequence of our contractual relationship. Failure to provide this information may prevent or delay the fulfillment of these obligations. Note that we and our service providers may automatically collect certain technical information from your computer or mobile device over time and across different websites when you use the Services.
We may collect the following categories of personal information from and about you:
- Identifiers such as a name, office or home address, online identifier, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers;
- Payment-related information we need to complete a transaction (such as credit card number and financial account information);
- Demographic information, including characteristics that may be protected by law such as gender or age;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as the data we receive when you interact with our website;
- Professional or employment-related information, such as your employer, credentials, or title; and Geolocation data, such as information we receive about your device location (e.g., based on your IP address);
2. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you access the Services, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Identification and authentication: We may use your identification information to verify your identity when you access and use our Services, or otherwise engage with us, and to ensure the security of your personal information.
- Service operations: We may process your personal information to provide the Services that you request, including to fulfil orders.
- Service improvements: We may analyze usage information, including site analytics, to continually improve the user experience and our Services.
- Customizing your experience: We may use your personal information to improve your experience using the Services, such as by providing interactive or personalized elements on the Services and providing you with content based on your interests.
- Communications: Communications may include providing information about our Services, changes to the terms and conditions or this Notice updates regarding our services, or responses to questions you pose.
- Marketing: We may use your personal information to build a profile about you, to understand your preferences, and to help determine which marketing materials might be of interest to you. Where required by law, we will obtain your consent before sending such marketing materials.
- Exercising our rights: We may use your personal information to exercise our legal rights where it is necessary to do so, for example to detect, prevent, and respond to intellectual property infringement claims or violations of law.
- Complying with our obligations: We may process your personal information to carry out fraud prevention checks or comply with other legal or regulatory requirements, when required by law.
We may also de-identify, anonymize and/or aggregate your personal information in such a way that you may not reasonably be re-identified by us or any other company, and may use this de-identified, anonymized or aggregated information for any other purpose. Such de-identified, anonymized and/or aggregated information is not personal information because it does not reasonably identify or permit the identification of any individual and is not otherwise attributed or attributable to any one person.
3. HOW AND WHEN WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information that we collect:
- To third-party entities that provide services to us: We may share your personal information with our agents, representatives or other third parties that perform services on our behalf, including fulfilment, payment processing, service optimization, marketing distribution, support functions, fraud prevention, and similar business functions. We may also share your personal information with our professional advisors, auditors and business partners.
- To our Affiliates: We may share your personal information with our company affiliates for the purposes described in this Notice.
- Where required by law: We may share your personal information with law enforcement agencies, courts, regulators, other government authorities or other third parties where we believe necessary to comply with a federal and/or provincial/territorial legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party.
- In the context of a transaction: We may share your personal information with potential transaction partners, service providers, advisors, and other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company or we sell or transfer all or a portion of our assets or business. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to obligate the entity to which we transfer your personal information to use it in a manner consistent with this Notice. However, in the event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we may not be able to control how your information is treated, transferred or used and your personal information may be included in the transferred assets.
We are not responsible for the information practices exercised by you or any third party you may authorize to receive your information or to whom you may provide access to information. From time to time we may provide links to websites or mobile applications that are not owned or controlled by us. This Notice does not apply to those websites and we are not responsible for the privacy practices, business practices or content of any of such websites to which we link. If you choose to use those websites, please check the legal and privacy statements posted on each website or mobile application you access to understand their privacy practices.
4. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY PROTECTION
Our Services are not available to children under 13 years of age. If you are under the age of 13, you should not use, or submit any personal information to, this Website. Please contact us if you believe any personal information about a child under the age of 13 has been submitted to us.
5. SECURITY AND RETENTION
We strive to maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to safeguard the information we collect through the Services and from providers. However, no information system can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to the Services over networks that we do not control, including the internet, mobile, and wireless networks, or that reside on your devices or the devices of third parties to whom you disclose information. We retain personal information only for the amount of time needed to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected or as permitted by law, after which the personal information is destroyed or made anonymous.
6. COOKIES AND ANALYTICS
The Lucira website uses analytics to help improve both the user experience and functionality. Lucira uses external services, including Google Analytics, to understand how visitors use and navigate the Services, including page views, traffic patterns, visit counts, and visit statistics.
7. CROSS-BORDER PROCESSING, STORAGE & TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
By using the Services, you agree to the use and processing of your personal information in the United States and other foreign jurisdictions. If you reside in Canada, your information will be transferred to the United States, and processed and stored there under local laws. In addition, we may transfer your information outside the United States to our affiliates, business partners, and service providers located in other countries. Your personal information will be subject to the local laws of the country where it is transferred and in certain circumstances, personal information protection laws in the countries to which your personal information is transferred may not be equivalent to or provide the same level of protection for your personal information as your home country. In certain circumstances, your personal information may be available to the United States government or its agencies or other foreign governments, courts, law enforcement agencies or regulatory agencies. By using the Services and providing information to us, you agree to such transfer to, and processing in, jurisdictions outside of Canada.
8. YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES
If your contact information changes or you no longer wish to receive the Services, information or communications from us, and you wish to withdraw your consent to our further collection, use or disclosure of your personal information or your contact information changes, please let us know via email at email@example.com.
You may have the following rights with regard to your personal data and may exercise your right via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- the right to make an inquiry of and to review your personal data;
- the right to request a copy of your personal data;
- the right to supplement or correct your personal data;
- the right to demand the cessation of the collection, processing or use of your personal data; and
- the right to erase your personal data.
If you do not correctly or sufficiently provide the personal information requested, you may no longer be eligible to receive the Services.
9. CONTACT US
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Notice or the way in which your personal information has been used, please contact us at email@example.com
If the above step does not address your questions and you live in Canada, you may consider contacting the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (“OPC”) to help resolve a privacy concern you have:
Write to: 30 Victoria Street, Gatineau, Quebec, K1A 1H3
10. CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
We reserve the right to amend this Notice at any time. If we update this Notice, we will notify you by posting a new Privacy Notice on this page and take any additional steps required by law. We encourage you to review this Notice periodically for any changes, and your continued use of the Services after such changes have been made constitutes acceptance of those changes.
Effective date: Nobember 30, 2021.